Consider alternate research methodologies and explore the drawbacks and benefits of these methodologies.
The Milgram study generated important data, but was filled with ethical problems. If you were to do the research again today and planned to use a procedure similar to Milgram's, what changes would you need to make to get approval from the KU Institutional Review Board?
1) Briefly describe the question Milgram was studying.
2) Explain the benefits and drawbacks of Milgram's design. Pay attention to the ethical problems in the design.
3) Outline you new research design and explain the difference between your design and Milgram's design.
4) Explain why your design is more ethically acceptable.
5) Explain if your design adequately addresses #1 above.